Cheers to 2011!



The year 2010 went by so fast. I look back with gratitude. 2011 is here. I move forward with hope.

Twenty ten started with a bang for me. Literally. Something big happened to me last January 2010. It started bad but turned out good. It's confusing. And until now, I am not sure what to feel about it. Maybe that's why 2010 went by so fast because I was running away; faster than days, faster than time could hold me. Or maybe I wasn't really running.

So how did my 2010 went by in a flash? I lived.

What I'm trying to say is probably puzzling you now. Unfortunately, I couldn't explain further. I couldn't tell you the specifics. But I can tell you what I learned: ACCEPTANCE. We have to accept what life throws at us and we have to decide what to make out of it. Deal with it? Throw it away? Share it? We have to accept that this life is imperfect and we can't be happy all the time but that there are 24 hours in a day. 24 hours is such a long time to be sad, right? There's bound to be an hour (or even a minute) that happiness will eventually creep in. We have to believe that things will eventually turn out for the better. They always do. Actually, they have to.

I won't make my column long this new year because I know everyone is very much busy welcoming 2011. I just want to thank everyone who reads The Kablogs Journal. I would like to thank everyone who is a part of this endeavor. To the editorial staff (esp. to my EIC, Nebz Bandiez) and the Kablogs/PEBA people for their untiring effort in bringing TKJ to the online world, to every OFW who inspires us, and to my family and friends who believe in my writing capabilities. (I didn't know my uncles read my column/blogs, hahaha. I'll better watch out what I
write here next time, hehehe.). Thank you to the Lord Almighty.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I'll see you in 2011. Cheers!

► Read Janelle's previous articles here.

0 Reactions:

Post a Comment