in cooperation with

and

 

PEBA 2012 INTERNATIONAL BLOG and PHOTO AWARDS is brought to you by:

SSS PHILIPPINES, Smart IDD by Smart Communications, The Manny and Cynthia Villar Foundation


 

As the world turns

by Dinah Olina

As the world turns
Life's metamorphosis seems arduous to embrace
When it ensnares me unprepared
And acquiescence is all I could muster

As the world is turning
A dreadful emotion of solitude overcomes me
As I gaze at the lines and ridges of my countenance
Wondering if the hands of time turned hastily

As the world takes another turn
A revived hope flourished in me
Optimism proliferates as I welcome
what life bestows upon me

Beauty of an innocuous soul is perceived
Fortitude which sprouts from pain is gained
Tolerance for injustices is acquired
Wisdom from failures is reaped

A tinge of light in darkness becomes apparent
Shades and hues of understanding become vivid
Love predominates in all of life's abstraction
And the world turns into a better place.

{ Dinah's other poem in this issue. }

► About the author: Dinah Olino blogs at Simply Dinahmic. Writing has always been in her blood but only became passionate about it just recently. "It helps me ease my homesickness knowing that I could share a part of me with my family and friends through writing." Feel free to visit Dinah's blog and enjoy her wonderful writings there.

0 Reactions:

Post a Comment